Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Moving to a distributed system will solve all your problems and you will be in developer heaven. Right? Not exactly, having hundreds of services doing different things means it's increasingly difficult knowing where exactly production issues are hiding.
In this talk Sam Elamin will relate his real life experience working on a distributed system dealing with £100,000 worth of transactions every hour. Sam will cover monitoring and how to develop your features based on how your customers use your platform and, most importantly, business metrics.
Sam will cover how to implement metrics in your application and setting up dashboards to gaining visibility into what is happening in your production system right now. We'll also go through some helpful techniques to help you convince your domain experts that gaining this insight is invaluable to keeping your competitive advantage.
As an extra treat come and see how JUSTEAT time travels in production, using open source software that can be set up in a matter of days!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- London Dot Net and FullStack Bytes Festive Edition (SkillsCast recorded in December 2016)
- Webpack Academy: From Beginner to Master with Sean Larkin (in London on 17th - 18th February 2020)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- ProgNET London 2020 (in London on 16th - 18th September 2020)
- Security in the Age of Big Data (Data Anonymisation & Encryption) (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Device Tree Driver (in London on 29th October 2019)
- RS232 Board for the Pi (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Have I Got .NET For You?! (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
MDD: Metrics Driven Development
Sam Elamin is a Big Data Engineer as well as an Apache Spark evangelist. Sam is interested in Big Data, Metrics Driven Development, and is currently exploring Real Time Analytics,as as well as streaming tools and frameworks like Apache Spark, Kinesis, Kafka and Google Big Query.