Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Node.js is still relatively new compared to platforms like .NET and Java, but has become hugely popular in a short time. This session will explore the significance of Node.js as both an alternative and a companion to .NET.
Harry will share how you can compare and contrast Node.js and .NET, highlighting their distinctive features and some surprising similarities. Through understanding the execution model of Node.js, he will describe its scaling profile and its most compelling use cases.
You will learn how to work through creating a working Node.js application, covering the tools and techniques that real-world projects need, including build automation, unit testing and integration testing.
Finally, you will learn how common principles in Node.js are applicable to .NET, how some aspects of Node.js are reflected in .NET Core especially, and how to integrate Node.js with .NET to benefit from the best of both worlds.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- WebAssembly Deep Dive with Brian Sletten (in London on 21st - 22nd November 2019)
- F# eXchange 2020 (in London on 2nd - 3rd April 2020)
- Solandra Hands-On Tutorial & Emergent Behaviour In Insects (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Free Code Camp - October (in London on 29th October 2019)
- RS232 Board for the Pi (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Node.js for .NET Developers
Harry works at Softwire, a bespoke software development company based in North London. His primary role is as a technical lead and mentor, although he has also worked as a technical project manager and consultant, as well as several years as a developer of course.