Do you find that once you start examining them, user stories grow and multiply until you can’t fit them in your delivery iteration? Are you drowning and struggling to see the big picture? Are you lost in user story hell and don’t know how to get out? In this talk I’d like to introduce the OOPSI model for agile analysis. OOPSI stands for Outcome, Output, Process, Scenarios, Inputs. The OOPSI technique accelerates delivery by helping you structure your discovery activities so that you are always working on the right thing and can see the bigger picture. It will give you a narrative and context for your analysis artefacts and the examples, tests, and scenarios that support them. If you’re using Impact Mapping, Story Mapping, Event Storming or BDD you’ll find this fits in really neatly with those activities.
We'll have a slot after Jenny's spoken for some lightning talks - if you'd like to make a 5-10 min presentation on a subject you're passionate about just contact us (twitter, slack, or via meetup.com) and let us know! We'll be making this a regular feature because it's a great way for people who may aren't as confident at public speaking to their their knowledge and experiences.
Our generous sponsors Inviqa will again be sponsoring the (hard and soft) drinks, so make sure you get some time to socialise at the bar before and after the talk - if you have a BDD London badge you should get access to the tab. The talks will start at 19.00, you can arrive at the venue from around 18.30 and stick around afterwards
We now have a Twitter account: @BDDLondon as a way to contact the organisers and stay on top of BDD news.
We also now have a slack channel! You can get an invitation at http://slack.bddlondon.org and we hope it will become a place for people to continue discussions between the meet ups."
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 4th - 6th November 2019)
- Giving Engaging Technical Talks at Conferences and Meetups (in London on 18th - 19th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Knowing Me Knowing you.... Ahaaaaa! (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Testing and UB (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- You know Selenium? So you think you know Appium? (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Death by User Stories
Jenny Martin coaches in Agile delivery, quality improvement and innovation gaming. She has a deep appreciation for business goal segmentation and the visualization of what she labels ‘horizons of value’ within business strategy.