All leading smart phone manufacturers are now bundling accelerometers. Application's can now not only monitor screen orientation but also become spatially aware. Learn how to interpret the sometimes confusing results from Android's sensor output accompanied by the reasoning and terminology behind orientation output generated by Android's sensor events.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Panel: Monetising your Android Application (SkillsCast recorded in October 2012)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote: Bridging Open Source and Open Standards (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Introduction to Anvil – Web Apps with Nothing but Python (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Motion Sensors and orientation in Android
Kevin McDonagh is the founder and CEO of Novoda, Europe’s largest and fastest growing independent Android consultancy with offices in London and Berlin.