This session was not filmed.
The evening will be run by Mike Burton with, Omar Bashir and and John Stinson and we’ll be covering:
Primitives, Arrays, Strings, Objects, flow control, Methods, Classes, Packages and keywords and key concepts that you’ll need defined.
Java Compiler and run-time basics:
Javac, Java, Hotspot, GC, Classes and Classloaders
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distilling Agile for Effective Execution (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
London Java Community
Omar Bashir graduated as an avionics systems engineer and transitioned to software engineering after his post graduate education. He has developed systems in diverse domains ranging from defence and telecommunications to logistics and finance. He has been programming in Java since its release in 1996.
John Stinson has worked in Software Development and Testing for the past 25+ years. He has worked in the finance sector since 1994 where he started as a Smalltalk developer, pioneering cross-platform development. He currently works as a software test automation architect at a major investment bank. John is Passionate about learning new technical skills himself and helping others achieve their own training and development objectives.
Mike Burton has 25 years of IT experience providing training, software development and consultancy. He has spent the last six years developing bespoke applications in Java and prior to that C++ and Delphi.