Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Java 8 features have come to Android, in the form of lambda expressions and method references. This is possible through Retrolambda and now through the Jack compiler, but it wasn’t until libraries such as RxJava popularised the use of lambda expressions on Android that many developers wanted to start using them.
This talk will give an overview of lambda expressions and method references. How do you write them? When can you use them and when should you use them? How do they help improve the readability of your code?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Lambda Expressions - An Overview for Android Developers
I am currently working as Mobile Lead Developer at GetBusy in Sawston, Cambridge, UK. I am leading development of apps for iOS and Android.