Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Java 8 features have come to Android, in the form of lambda expressions and method references. This is possible through Retrolambda and now through the Jack compiler, but it wasn’t until libraries such as RxJava popularised the use of lambda expressions on Android that many developers wanted to start using them.
This talk will give an overview of lambda expressions and method references. How do you write them? When can you use them and when should you use them? How do they help improve the readability of your code?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- The real reasons why you should care about Provider (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Lambda Expressions - An Overview for Android Developers
I am currently working as Mobile Lead Developer at GetBusy in Sawston, Cambridge, UK. I am leading development of apps for iOS and Android.