Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Before Marco and Balasz both joined Facebook, they would read all these absurd news and stories about Android development at Facebook. Crazy, unnecessary, overcomplicated hacks everywhere... they knew better... well... with an inside perspective it turns out they are not so crazy after all (for the most part at least).
Facebook engineering is all about scale. Marco and Balasz will introduce you to their development processes and sometime unintuitive or unorthodox technical solutions to cope with their unique scale of users, engineers and codebase.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Litho Animations and Internals (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Markus Eisele on Java in the Age of Containers and Serverless (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Front Endgineers London (in London on 1st July 2019)
- The real reasons why you should care about Provider (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Hybrid Apps from a Ember/Vue/React PWA (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Scaling Android @Facebook
Balazs is an Engineering Manager at Facebook working with images on Android and with the Fresco library among other things. He was developing mobile apps with ten different startups. He was involved in building an Android phone, a launcher, Editor's Choice apps like Hailo and Beamly. His passion is high quality and performant apps.
Extremely passionate android dev. He has worked with different companies all in the “Social” space until he joined Facebook. He was part of Creative Labs where he developed and released the Facebook app “Riff”. Since almost two years he's been working on the Native UI Frameworks team that recently release the Litho framework.