Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
In this talk, Noel will share more on Doodle, a Scala library for data visualisation that renders in the browser, to files, and on the desktop.
Doodle is a new 2D visualisation library for Scala. It can render graphs on the desktop, to files (PDF and PNG), and, using Scala.js, to the browser as SVG. In this talk I will briefly describe how to use Doodle for common tasks, and then delve into its architecture. I'll show how standard functional programming techniques allows Doodle to provide powerful functionals at multiple levels of abstraction, yielding a library that is both easy to use and extremely flexible.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Fast Track to Machine Learning with Louis Dorard (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - A one-day community celebration of Big Data, Machine Learning and AI (in London on 4th July 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- IWDS 23: Intro to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - 1/2 (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Achieve 100% Analytics Adoption with a New Class of Enterprise Intelligence (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Data Engineering in Badoo: handling 20 billion events per day (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Doodle: Visualisation in Scala - Beginner
Noel is a Scala consultant at Underscore, where he helps people produce better code using Scala. He has a background in machine learning, and an abiding passion for turning his current interests into conference talks.