Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Scalafix is a new code rewriting tool to help you prepare for Dotty, a next generation Scala compiler. During this talk, you will discover how scalafix takes care of easy, repetitive and tedious code transformations so you can faster enjoy the benefits that Dotty brings. More broadly, you will also learn how scalafix can perhaps show the way to improved code health, more effective code reviews and effortless migrations in the wider Scala ecosystem.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 9th - 10th September 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Expert (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Keynote by Dick Wall on Why API Design Matters, and Why Yours Sucks! (and mine sucks too!) (in London on 24th June 2019)
- London Java Community June (in London on 25th June 2019)
- The Elements of Tagless Final Style (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Scala 2.13 and Beyond! (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
Smooth migrations to Dotty with scalafix - Intermediate
Ólafur is a recent graduate from the Scala lab at EPFL. He likes to code in Scala, but sometimes feels lost in the zoo of different design patterns and coding styles. Ólafur is the author scalafmt, a code formatter. He works at the Scala Center and blogs at geirsson.com.