Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
One of the great benefits of Scala is access to Java libraries. One of the great headaches of Scala is using Java libraries.
Many Scala libraries build on the shoulders of Java libraries that do the heavy lifting, providing a more comfortable interface, but sometimes the benefits don't outweigh the costs.
How do you decide when it is worth it? How do you make it useful for someone other than yourself? How do you decide quite how far to go?
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Agile Data Warehouse - Beginners (SkillsCast recorded in July 2017)
- Migrating to Java 11 with Ben Evans (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- Pivotal's Core Spring (in London on 4th - 7th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)