Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Services are using streamed services for processing logs and social information. Previously it's been a case of integrating a system based on another language (Java or Scala for example). In this talk, you will discover a pure Clojure alternative using the Onyx Platform.
Using a user case of ingesting messages from Kafka, you will explore the way the Onyx Platform interacts with Kafka and how pure Clojure functions can be used to process the data and push manipulated information to a host of output possibilities. This will be via slides and some code examples to show how to put the project together. If you are new to Clojure, this talk will help you discover how you can implement streaming applications easily.
The Call for Papers is now open for Clojure eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Clojure eXchange 2019 (in London on 2nd - 3rd December 2019)
- Learning How to Design Automatically Updating AI With Clojure, Kafka and Deeplearning4j (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Real-time Systems with Spark Streaming and Kafka (in London on 21st - 22nd May 2020)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- FaaS composition using Kafka and Cloud-Events (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- Privacy Engineering for the World of Kafka (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Introducing Streaming Processing with Kafka and the Onyx Platform
Jason Bell is a data engineer and startup founder based in Northern Ireland. He authored the book Machine Learning: Hands on for Developers and Technical Professionals. An in demand speaker and panelist, Jason has previously spoken at the Strata Data Conference in London on Kafka and AI technologies, the Digital DNA conference on AI and spends his spare time studying supply and demand pricing on different asset types (yes he does this for fun).