Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Acceptance Testing and BDD are essential components of a healthy software development process; unfortunately on Mobile this typically results in the creation of slow, brittle and highly complex UI automation based tests. These can leave development teams and businesses left wondering, are BDD tools worth the pain? By revisiting fundamentals this talk explores the role it should play in driving collaboration between business and software and how it can be best applied in Mobile.
In this talk you discover an alternative approach to UI based testing. Through using a BDD tool like Fitnesse (a lightweight, open-source testing framework) we walk through an example of how to implement Acceptance Tests on iOS that are blazing fast, rock-solid and actually improve the architecture of your app's software. Increase you and your teams productivity and discover the secret to answering the question "Can we submit yet?" in seconds instead not days.
The Call for Papers is now open for Agile Testing & BDD 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Track Lead: Brainstorms are Dead! - How 'Design Sprints' are Revolutionising 'Design Thinking' and Helping Companies Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas Quickly (SkillsCast recorded in November 2018)
- Martine Devos' Certified Scrum Master, Estimation & Planning Class (in London on 24th - 25th June 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- CloudNative London 2019 (in London on 25th - 27th September 2019)
- Keynote by Iyas AlQasem on Using Agile Techniques to lead your startup and Scale-up your Company (in London on 18th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Lizzy Morris (CST) Presents: Leading from the Inside is True Leadership Agility (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Awesome CI/CD Data Pipelines for Distributed Data-Sources (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
The secrets to getting your Mobile Apps right early, and then keeping them that way
Paul is an iOS expert combining skills in mobile product design with extensive software engineering experience. An influencer and leader having worked with development teams, key stakeholders and corporate clients incl. Apple and Sky. After years masquerading as a professional developer, Paul discovered 'Clean Code' and began a journey to a new understanding of what being a software professional meant. That journey continues through working with best practices such as TDD, Acceptance Testing and Pair Programming "as standard" in the pursuit of building the best possible software; Paul believes in the principle of getting software right early, and then keeping it working as intended.