This session was not filmed.
Join us for a practical workshop that covers the basic principles of coding with Java and gives people plenty of time to practice with the support of coding buddies/mentors.
Tonight’s programme continues the agenda from our earlier workshops:
Primitives, Arrays, Strings, Objects, flow control, Methods, Classes, Packages and keywords and key concepts that you’ll need defined.
Java Compiler and run-time basics:
Javac, Java, Hotspot, GC, Classes and Classloaders
Did you miss Workshop I and/or II? It’s not too late to get involved – please come along. You’ll need to bring your own laptop to the event.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- What is Java (SkillsCast recorded in April 2016)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Lightbend Scala Language - Professional (in London on 10th - 11th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- How Open Source is Funded - The Enterprise Differentiation Tightrope (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Introduction to Java: Workshop III
Mike Burton has 25 years of IT experience providing training, software development and consultancy. He has spent the last six years developing bespoke applications in Java and prior to that C++ and Delphi.