Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"Search" is one of those things that our users take for granted but is surprisingly difficult to get right. In this talk Lasse will dig into the essential concepts in implementing a proper full-text search on the device without server-side or cloud-based Search APIs, highlighting the challenges such as sorting by relevancy, term and column boosting, stemming and lemmatisation, and the brutality of compound words. Along the way you'll look at implementing full-text search with an embedded search engine as well as with SQLite, and touch on integrating your data with Core Spotlight's index on iOS.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Talking to Strangers: Peer-to-peer networking between apps and platforms (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Design to code. Meet Supernova. (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Implementing Full-Text Search on iOS
Lasse has spoken at dozens of international conferences since 2005, including a couple of keynotes in agile conferences, speaking to some 2000 programmers in a movie theatre, addressing staff of the European Commission (they actually organise an IT conference of their own), and a bunch of smaller gatherings.