Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
"Search" is one of those things that our users take for granted but is surprisingly difficult to get right. In this talk Lasse will dig into the essential concepts in implementing a proper full-text search on the device without server-side or cloud-based Search APIs, highlighting the challenges such as sorting by relevancy, term and column boosting, stemming and lemmatisation, and the brutality of compound words. Along the way you'll look at implementing full-text search with an embedded search engine as well as with SQLite, and touch on integrating your data with Core Spotlight's index on iOS.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Talking to Strangers: Peer-to-peer networking between apps and platforms (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 1st - 2nd July 2019)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- ProgNET London 2019 (in London on 11th - 13th September 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- What Do You Mean I Can’t Google It? - Search for Microservices (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Implementing Full-Text Search on iOS
Lasse has spoken at dozens of international conferences since 2005, including a couple of keynotes in agile conferences, speaking to some 2000 programmers in a movie theatre, addressing staff of the European Commission (they actually organise an IT conference of their own), and a bunch of smaller gatherings.