Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Some of you are spoiled with a team of rockstar programmers featuring world-class designers. Some of you are not so lucky and will have to make do with what you've got - a bunch of programmers pretending to be multitalented visual artists or UI designers. There is a lot of design literature available on topics such as interface design, typography, and graphic design but it's largely ambiguous and somewhat difficult to get a grip of.
This talk aims to save those unlucky teams who are struggling with little to no access to professional designers by presenting the (tongue-in-cheek) Rules of Visual Design for Developers! They are rules that make sense even to a simple programmer like Lasse - rules of thumb that most often lead to a pretty good outcome.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Implementing Full-Text Search on iOS (SkillsCast recorded in March 2017)
- Fast Track to iOS Architecture (in London on 2nd - 4th December 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Flutter London June Meetup (in London on 17th June 2019)
- Keynote by Rebecca Franks on Tips for Building Custom Views on Android with Canvas APIs📏🎨 (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Lightning Talk: Independent Services, Throw Your Hands Up At Me (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Keeping Subscribers Engaged in Your Design System (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
Rules of (Visual) Design for Developers
Lasse has spoken at dozens of international conferences since 2005, including a couple of keynotes in agile conferences, speaking to some 2000 programmers in a movie theatre, addressing staff of the European Commission (they actually organise an IT conference of their own), and a bunch of smaller gatherings.