Visualising real-time data streams from financial markets, IoT sensors, websites, social media, industrial internet, wearables & many other real time data feeds is an essential tool for many BI verticals.
Peter Myers will demonstrate some of the real-time streaming architecture & capabilities of the Microsoft BI stack, showing how Power BI integrates with tools from the Cortana Intelligence Suite & the Power BI API to generate downstream visuals in Power BI dashboards.
In this presentation three different techniques to deliver real-time Power BI dashboards will be explained and demonstrated. These will include:
- Real-time Power BI dashboard tiles
- Power BI REST API
- Azure Stream Analytics (incorporating predictive analytics).
This presentation will appeal to a broad array of professionals, including business analysts, database developers, and app developers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Russ Miles' Microservices Workshop (in London on 4th - 6th September 2017)
- Uncle Bob's Clean Code: Agile Software Craftsmanship (in London on 1st - 3rd November 2017)
- Agile Testing & BDD eXchange 2017 (in London on 9th - 10th November 2017)
- Serverless Architecture with Azure Functions with Christos Matskas! (in London on 29th November 2017)
Delivering Real-Time Power BI Dashboards
Peter Myers is from Melbourne, Australia and has worked with Microsoft database and development products since 1997. Today he specializes in all Microsoft Business Intelligence products and provides mentoring, technical training, and training course content authoring for SQL Server, Office and SharePoint. He has a broad business background supported by a Bachelor’s degree in applied economics and accounting, and he extends this with solid experience backed by current MCSE certifications. He has been a SQL Server MVP since 2007.