Visualising real-time data streams from financial markets, IoT sensors, websites, social media, industrial internet, wearables & many other real time data feeds is an essential tool for many BI verticals.
Peter Myers will demonstrate some of the real-time streaming architecture & capabilities of the Microsoft BI stack, showing how Power BI integrates with tools from the Cortana Intelligence Suite & the Power BI API to generate downstream visuals in Power BI dashboards.
In this presentation three different techniques to deliver real-time Power BI dashboards will be explained and demonstrated. These will include:
- Real-time Power BI dashboard tiles
- Power BI REST API
- Azure Stream Analytics (incorporating predictive analytics).
This presentation will appeal to a broad array of professionals, including business analysts, database developers, and app developers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- LDNUG September 2017 - #ProgNET Special with Richard Campbell (in London on 12th September 2017)
- Progressive .NET 2017 (in London on 13th - 15th September 2017)
- London Unreal Engine Meetup (in London on 20th September 2017)
- Fast Track to F# with Tomas Petricek & Phil Trelford (in London on 16th - 17th October 2017)
Delivering Real-Time Power BI Dashboards
Peter Myers is from Melbourne, Australia and has worked with Microsoft database and development products since 1997. Today he specializes in all Microsoft Business Intelligence products and provides mentoring, technical training, and training course content authoring for SQL Server, Office and SharePoint. He has a broad business background supported by a Bachelor’s degree in applied economics and accounting, and he extends this with solid experience backed by current MCSE certifications. He has been a SQL Server MVP since 2007.