Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Apple recently open sourced swift-protobuf which is a plugin of Protocol Buffers for swift language. Protocol Buffers enables us to have type safety, make API faster and unify schema of structured data. JSON used to be a reasonable way for API call in most cases, but Protocol Buffers could be another option if we consider these benefits.
In this talk, you'll discover examples of usage with swift-protobuf in server and client apps. Yusuke will also highlight pros and cons compare to JSON based on his knowledge and experiences.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Keynote Evening at Mobile Matters (in London on 28th November 2019)
- Automating Elaborate-Transform-Load for Busy Data Scientists (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Type-safe Web APIs with Protocol Buffers in Swift
Yusuke is an iOS developer at Mercari in San Francisco. He has been working on internationalization of Mercari app in iOS team. he is passionate about learning new technology in iOS. When not coding, you can find him cycling.