Are you interested in keeping up to date with all things Quants? Don't miss out on this month's meetup!
If you are building full stack applications then you are likely to need to guarantee some services are available 24/7. Robert Hardy will demonstrate how he uses Monit to keep a web server up (and restart it if it falls down).
We will also look at ways to manage your log files and generally how to keep track of resources on your machines.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Key Concepts in Statistical Inference (SkillsCast recorded in April 2018)
- Python for Programmers (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Damjan Vujnovic's Angular Workshop (in London on 3rd - 5th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- London TensorFlow.js (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Keynote by Emily Robinson on Creating a Strong Data Science Portfolio (in London on 24th June 2019)
- Upgrading to Django 2.2 (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Frontend Series (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Keeping Your Services Up
Robert Hardy is a full stack quant, with over 12 years of experience in the front office teams of major financial institutions. He has built professional portfolio management systems entirely from open source components. He experienced an epiphany when he was introduced to TDD, pair programming and Agile methods. Robert talks and blogs on topics related to software and mathematics, and with his diploma in painting and ceramics in hand he claims to even have some level of expertise in the Fine Arts.