Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Automated testing can be a pain - or a joy! In this talk, you will explore the multitude of technologies and techniques that F#, .NET and Mono developers can use to move the needle in the joyful direction. You will discover basic unit testing with NUnit. Following that, you will take it to the next level of test case generation using FSCheck.
Along the way, you will learn how best to run tests in Visual Studio (using NCrunch). You will explore Canopy, a glorious way to run automated Web UI tests.
Packed with visual examples and live coding - plus a little gentle trolling of industry experts - this talk will transform your attitude to automated testing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Keynote: Why F# Changes Lives (SkillsCast recorded in April 2019)
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- Testing and UB (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Reprogramming Biology with F# (in London on 28th November 2019)
- Testing in Production. From DevTestOops to DevTestOps (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- You know Selenium? So you think you know Appium? (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
A Gazillion Ways to Test with F# - Audience Level: Beginner
Kit Eason is a highly experienced developer, working in industries from automotive engineering to energy trading. Kit is a Lynda.com/LinkedIn and PluralSight author. He's written software in F# for purposes as diverse as Pension Scheme Valuation, Movie VFX Costing, and Commodities Trading. An F# algorithm he dashed off for a conference demo became part of the UK national energy infrastructure. He talks about F# to whoever will listen.