Are you just getting started with Flink? Join in with this tutorial to have a chance to get their hands on implementing basic Flink processing routines applied on streaming data!
This time, we will be giving attendees a chance to get their hands on implementing basic Flink processing routines applied on streaming data through a 2-hour long tutorial. It is the perfect opportunity, especially for new members to develop a basic understanding of Flink’s architecture and API (Scala), and apply that understanding for developing and running an example pipeline.
The tutorial will be split in two parts. Part one will introduce the basic Flink concepts and general streaming concepts employed in the Flink architecture. Part two will be more focused on the Scala API as attendees will be guided through an interactive tutorial, occasionally being asked to fill in small snippets of code in order to complete a working Flink implementation, covering concepts like windowing; process and event time etc.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Knowledge Graph Applications in the Legal Profession & Fashion Industry (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)