Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
It is common in Behaviour Driven Development to extract example scenarios to clarify understanding of the system's behaviour.
The practice of Modelling by Example takes these example-driven conversations with subject matter experts, and uses them as a venue to extract domain understanding and ubiquitous language.
Join Ciaran and explore the BDD concepts of Features, Rules and Examples, how to improve our domain models within your requirements conversations, and how test automation driven by examples applies a pressure to align your code to the derived models.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- DOODLE-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
- Jenny Martin's BDD From Start to Finish - Successful Delivery through Continuous Collaboration (in London on 24th - 26th June 2019)
- Alberto Brandolini's EventStorming Workshop (in London on 13th - 14th November 2019)
- P3X - People, Product & Process eXchange 2019 (in London on 31st October - 1st November 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- Solving 5 typical Issues in API development with Domain Driven Design (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Strategic Domain-Driven Design Patterns (SkillsCast recorded in May 2019)
BDD Scenarios as Domain Models
Ciaran helps teams at all levels of ability improve via training and coaching. He has been a PHP professional since the late 90s and is passionate about TDD, BDD and Agile methodologies. He is lead maintainer of PhpSpec, a unit level BDD tool.