Come and join Jan where you will cover everything from good Scala code, through best practices in use of Akka (Persistence, Cluster, HTTP, Streaming)!
Jan will talk about building, maintaining and evolving production microservice systems over a many years. He will show architectural and implementation choices to implement distributed systems in vehicle IoT, reliable medical messaging, biometric security, and video streaming.
Jan will highlight the need for asynchronous I/O and messaging, while managing the complexity of implementation, debugging and monitoring, distributed state and the implication of maintaining distributed state particularly when it comes to consistency, all the way to documentable and expressive protocols and APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed deep learning (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 1st - 3rd July 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 15th - 17th July 2019)
- Infiniteconf 2019 - The conference on Big Data and AI (in London on 4th - 5th July 2019)
- The wonders of IBM: Watson, artificial intelligence, Swift coding and databases! (in London on 19th June 2019)
- Hands-on: Fractal art with Fable and WebGL (in London on 20th June 2019)
- Securing microservices in a serverless world (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
- Observability for Microservices: practical advice (SkillsCast recorded in June 2019)
Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek!
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.