Come and join Jan where you will cover everything from good Scala code, through best practices in use of Akka (Persistence, Cluster, HTTP, Streaming)!
Jan will talk about building, maintaining and evolving production microservice systems over a many years. He will show architectural and implementation choices to implement distributed systems in vehicle IoT, reliable medical messaging, biometric security, and video streaming.
Jan will highlight the need for asynchronous I/O and messaging, while managing the complexity of implementation, debugging and monitoring, distributed state and the implication of maintaining distributed state particularly when it comes to consistency, all the way to documentable and expressive protocols and APIs.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Distributed deep learning (SkillsCast recorded in December 2015)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Fast Track to RESTful Microservices (in London on 11th - 13th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: a holistic approach to data analytics and BI (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Why We Choose React for a Large Scale Financial Trading Platform (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Production Reactive Systems in Scala with Jan Machacek!
Jan Machacek is a passionate technologist with hands-on experience of the practical aspects of software delivery (architecture, quality, CI, CD), the project management approaches (applying the principles of agile project management), and mentoring and motivating engineering & business teams.