Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
What does the P stand for in Android P? Protection? Privacy? Or maybe Plethora of security enhancements? This talk will give you a concise update on these new security features, flag any breaking changes when targeting P as well as practical tips and examples of how to improve your app’s security.
Scott will explore the major changes to the way background apps are restricted from accessing the microphone, camera, and sensors and how to stay on the right side of these privacy restrictions. Google have continued to enhance Network Security Config which now defaults to blocking non-https traffic. As well discussing the restrictions to device serial access, world-accessible files and cryptographic changes. The Keystore also gets enhancements with the ability to import keys and support for a new Hardware security module.
APK signing is getting a boost with the new APK Signature Scheme v3 that enables your app to be signed with a new signing certificate! Phew no more worrying about what would happen after 22 October 2033.
Of course, Android P won’t be mainstream for 12 months so Scott will also include new security features available via Google Play services and other security libraries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- O-mg what's new in Android Security? (SkillsCast recorded in October 2017)
- Fast Track to Android Architecture (in London on 21st - 23rd October 2019)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- iOSCon 2020 - The conference for iOS and Swift Developers (in London on 19th - 20th March 2020)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- TBA: Top Secret Cloud-Native Security Lessons (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)