Much has been said about tagless final style. It is variously dead, alive, or rising from the grave to wreak revenge upon its detractors.
All of these viewpoints have their merits, and to understand the discussion we must understand the various components it is built from and the various problems it is solving. In this talk Noel will break down tagless final to its elemental units and show how you can compose these units to solve different problems.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Deep Learning: Programming with a Difference (SkillsCast recorded in December 2018)
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Advanced Scala with Dick Wall (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
The Elements of Tagless Final Style
Noel is a founder of ScalaBridge London, and a Scala consultant at Inner Product and Underscore. In his day job he helps companies large and small achieve more with Scala. Outside of work he’s interested in generative art and machine learning.