Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Developers used to the Java programming language from years spent in the trenches of web, server, and even desktop computing have developed certain patterns of how they use the language and the ecosystem of libraries surrounding it. But writing mobile apps is not the same as writing these other kinds of applications, and good Android apps will have to take mobile constraints into account. Join this session to learn how to use the language effectively and how to write better and more performant Android applications.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- droidcon London 2019 (in London on 24th - 25th October 2019)
- Keynote - Trash Talk: The Evolution of Garbage Collection on Android (SkillsCast recorded in October 2018)
- Real World Kotlin Development Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Brian Egan's Flutter and Dart Workshop (in London on 22nd - 23rd October 2019)
- Clean Architecture using BLoC & Voyager: DI & the Widget Router (in London on 21st October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Cleaning the Big Picture: Creating Maintainable Mobile Games in Haskell (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Scales and Flow Meters (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
Keynote - Android for Java Developers
After years working on and leading the Android Toolkit team at Google, Chet has moved into the Android Developer Relations Team, where he is a Developer Advocate. He works on animations, UI, performance, ... and anything else that puts pixels on the screen. He's also been known to write and perform comedy.