Exceptions are simple yet powerful. We can stop dead some rogue code in its tracks before it wreaks havoc. Yet they are never quite utilised to their full potential.In this talk we will quickly go through all the exception types found in PHP, what they represent, and how you should use them, with examples. It will also cover how best to create a strategy of identifying the causes of exceptions in your application to quickly debug and minimise repeat offences.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Janet Gregory's Agile Testing for the Whole Team (in London on 28th - 30th October 2019)
- Masterclass: Reducing Technical Debt with Michael C. Feathers (in London on 28th - 29th October 2019)
- The Five Stages of Data: a holistic approach to data analytics and BI (in London on 21st October 2019)
- The Sonic Contender (in London on 28th October 2019)
- Dawn of a New Error (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- RedisTimeSeries = A Time Series Database using Redis (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Adam Elsodaney is Senior Developer at Reiss with 5 years experience on many Symfony projects and countless hours debugging exceptions inflicted upon himself and others.