Please log in to watch this conference skillscast.
Zalando is moving the calculation of product availability from monolith "Jimmy" to the new platform architecture.
As this architecture is event-driven, Joachim and his team decided on using Akka Streams for this task back in June (you can read more about this decision here ).
But what has happened since then? During this talk, you will explore an experience report about the learnings of the team: about hopes, regrets and best practices. On the way, you will discover the architecture of our component, how you interact with the other microservices around you, and how you can deploy and monitor.
The Call for Papers is now open for Scala eXchange 2017! Submit your talk for the chance to join a stellar line-up of experts on stage. Find out more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Lightbend Akka for Scala - Professional (in London on 11th - 12th November 2019)
- Modern development with Java (in London on 9th - 11th December 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- Scalax2gether Community Day 2019 (in London on 14th December 2019)
- Code Kata: Yilin Wei - Optics with Monocle (in London on 22nd October 2019)
- Don’t keep it to yourself - openness and honesty in the workplace (in London on 30th October 2019)
- Abstract Data Types In The Region Of Abysmal Pain, And How To Navigate Them (SkillsCast recorded in September 2019)
- The Last Frontier and Beyond (SkillsCast recorded in August 2019)
Risking Everything with Akka Streams - Intermediate
Joachim Hofer is a backend engineer at Zalando Tech. When he finished studying Computer Science, the abyss that is Enterprise Java swallowed him whole. Thanks to Scala, he has ascended again as an author of SBT Plugins, and now writes and blogs about Scala in addition to contributing to Open Source.