Do you want to get your head around the vast number of options for persistent storage? Check out this talk by Cheryl Hung as she compares the popular solutions to help find the best answer!
Persistent storage often seems like a confusing plethora of options, from local volumes, NFS, distributed storage like Ceph, cloud storage such as AWS’s EBS and S3, to volume plugins with Docker and Kubernetes integration. This talk compares and contrasts the most popular solutions, and lays out the eight principles for cloud native storage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- Crossing the Chasm with Cloud Native (SkillsCast recorded in January 2019)
- Fast Track to Chaos Engineering with Russ Miles (in London on 6th - 8th November 2019)
- Introduction to Docker Fundamentals (in London on 26th - 27th November 2019)
- Scala eXchange London 2019 (in London on 12th - 13th December 2019)
- µCon London 2020 - The Conference on Microservices, DDD & Software Architecture (in London on 27th - 29th May 2020)
- NewDay Career Hub Drop-in (in London on 21st November 2019)
- Keynote Evening with Matt Saunders! (in London on 26th November 2019)
- DevOps and Microservices Better Together (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
- Contain Your Excitement: The Kubernetes Ingress Controller (SkillsCast recorded in October 2019)
Persistent Storage with Docker in Production - Which Solution and Why?
Cheryl J Hung is the CNCF Director of Ecosystem. She founded and runs the Cloud Native London meetup. Previous hats include product manager, devops manager, developer advocate and Google software engineer.